mardi, février 12, 2013

January Beauty Favourites

Haven't really been blogging much, so I thought doing a monthly favourites would do the trick. This will also help me keep track of the products I tried and really liked, so I know which are the items I can always fall back on when the occasion for repurchasing arises :) So for the month of January, we have...

Jan Faves  

#1 Maybelline Falsies Mascara - This is one of the few drugstore mascaras that I liked. Firstly, it doesn't cause my lashes to clump up during application and does not flake off, leaving tiny black bits under my eyes. Secondly, its curved lash wand makes it really easy to apply and dispenses a fair amount of product efficiently. It lengthens my lashes and it gives a very natural look, as if my lashes are that long naturally (perfect for the no-make-up look!) :P Thirdly, it doesn't make my lashes as stiff as some other brands. Best part - it's also smudgeproof and waterproof, so I don't hafta worry about rubbing my eyes or tearing up when watching a tear-jerking movie. ;)

 #2 Urban Decay Naked Basics palette - I'm not one who's really adventurous about eyeshadows because I like a natural look (read: matte eyeshadows) and most eyeshadows I've seen or used have shimmer in them. I have the Book of Shadows but all I really used are the ones that allow me to create a natural eye look. So when Urban Decay came along with its all-matte palette, I knew I had to grab it. The palette features 6 beautiful colours that in my opinion, can take you anywhere. You can create a natural look for office and pack it into your bag (it's a handy-size) so you can vamp it up with the darker shades in the palette to build a smokey eye for after work drinks. The colours are pigmented and go on effortlessly. This is definitely repurchase-worthy!

 #3 Stila Lip glaze in Black Cherry - I received the Lip Glaze as part of Stila's all is bright lip glaze set of 8 for Christmas, which consists of 2-best selling (Black Cherry & Sugar Plum) and 6 limited edition shades. Black Cherry looks dark in the tube but it actually is very wearable. I like blue-based tones so I really like this colour. When applied on lips, it comes on as a plum, pinkish-red colour which makes it a nice alternative if you want to swop out the red lip for a slightly more natural look. I like its shine, and my lips feel nourished after putting it on. The only drawback is that it has a cherry scent (no flavour though), so you may not enjoy it as much if you are not a fan of the scent. So, that's all for my January beauty favourites! :)

Aucun commentaire:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...