mardi, octobre 23, 2012

A Jesus culture.

It's in our human nature to gravitate to the negative side of things, to pick up the negative things in life to talk about. Take a look at the papers and you'll see it's true - stories of uncertainties, crises, moral indiscretion... it's almost depressing. All this trickles into our lives and conversations with people around us, and if we are not careful we might become laden with cares. But I'm thankful to Daddy God for the environment He has planted me in and opened my eyes to. :) In the morning, Kev drops me a love message and affirms me of my identity in Christ at the same time.



Throughout the week, other than Kev, I have a bunch of sisters and brothers in Christ who continuously share God's word to build ourselves up with. Kath even came up with a Jesus culture programme where Friday is set aside for us to share God's faithfulness in our week. :)



I'm experiencing Daddy God's favour and faithfulness mightily this whole week. My boss came back from her business trip and got all of us little gifts. Then later on in the day, she called me into her cubicle and I thought it was work-related. It turned out that she bought something extra for me that she didn't get for the rest. :) Just yesterday, a colleague got me a little Hello Kitty card because another colleague and I love Hello Kitty! And His goodness doesn't stop.

This morning I was out for a run with Kevin in the park and in the middle of the run, I told Daddy God, "How nice it will be to see a squirrel on my run". Alas, I came to the end of the run and I hadn't seen a squirrel. While I was stretching, Kev pointed out to me that there was a squirrel on the tree! That's Daddy God's favour right there and I just feel so loved. Daddy God does not just give us our needs but satisfies our wants too. :)

Sometime in the week when I was alone, my thoughts drifted to friends whom I felt were more successful than me - friends who have successfully applied for their flats (and their flats are halfway built) and friends who have advanced in their careers though we were of the same age group and a tinge of envy came over me. So I was with my thoughts for a while until I felt the Lord ask me, "How do you define success?" People have measured success by the cars they drive, the houses they live in, the goods they possess. But with the question He asked, I've come to a conclusion; material wealth is not the measure of success or worth and I'm a success because the Lord is with me (Genesis 39:2). :)

This week has been a tremendously blessed week with Daddy God's fingerprints all over it. I'm thankful that I have these people in my life who reminds me that although we are in this world, we are not of this world. This is the new environment I'm steeped in, we have Christ and He makes all the difference in us. :)

Aucun commentaire:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...