lundi, août 20, 2012

Joy List #1



It's always nice meeting up with friends, be it in a group setting with our partners or just a simple girly meet up of two. This week, I met up with the gang for dinner and also with Magdalyn. We had dinner at Dean & Deluca and chatted the evening away. I can't believe six years ago, I was a blubbering fool crying to her after a break-up and she tried her best to comfort me over the phone. Look where we are now - both engaged, happily in love and ready for the next chapter in life. :) I feel happy for us!

I love attending events. We attended Triumph's 40th anniversary event held at Alkaff Mansion and it was such a treat. Canapes were served prior to the show (all I had were breadsticks since there was nothing that I could eat) and caught up with people there before we took our seats. The show kicked off with a performance by an opera singer which was followed by a short dance sequence by ballerinas, and then they made way for the models sashaying down the runway. I guess this is our equivalent of Victoria's Secret fashion show over here, but on a much smaller scale. :)

I turned 4 (in Christ) this week! I almost forgot but Kev remembered. Kev may have gotten me a present to celebrate the best decision I've made in my life, but he's the best present I've received ever since I made the decision to accept Christ. :)

We also caught Drum Tao on Friday night and it was exhilarating to watch! I had thought it was be boring as I was under the impression that it was only going to be drums, drums and more drums the entire night, so I thought I would bail during intermission But I was pleasantly surprised. The troupe performed with such exuberance and vigour (their arms are all so toned/muscular!) and showed precision in their drumming. Unlike other instruments, drums do not have any melody so it was pretty cool how they were able to convey emotions with their drumsticks. Different drums were used to create complex rhythms and instruments like the flute and harp were incorporated to provide a delicate touch to the beat. There were sections here and there where they required audience participation and that was quite entertaining. They moved around the stage with such synchronicity in their flowing robes and they danced as an extension to the music they were making. It was quite enthralling... I'm glad I sat through it all :)

Being able to eat is such a blessed enjoyment, especially so after I've fallen ill earlier in the year and losing my appetite totally. So Kev and I had checked out Tiong Bahru Bakery and Pizzeria Mozz where our tasetbuds were tantalised and tummies happily filled :)

I love public holidays, where I'm free to spend time with my favourite person having brunch and checking out exhibits :) It's been a fab day and I'm ready for the work week.

Aucun commentaire:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...