jeudi, août 09, 2012

Last Friday

On Friday, Kev and I took the afternoon off from work because we had an appointment with Pastor Gabriel to talk us through marriage preparation and all that jazz. Before that, we had lunch at PS Cafe.



Looking like a laid back colonial conservatory setting with its printed tiles and rattan chairs, this is a nice getaway from the heart of the shopping district and the place to chill out with your favourite person.
 
Mountain of truffle shoestring fries FTW! We both had our mains and of course, we needed to have desserts to complete our meal. The selection available at Palais Renaissance differs from the outlet at Harding Road, I had the Sweet Sour Lemon Pie while Kev had the Chocolate Crunch Doorstep Cake.

Love the kick I get from eating my pie, the crust was slightly crumbly though.


What I wore that day - as you can tell, I love my striped top.

After the session, we were waiting at the bus-stop to take the bus home and I was feeling kinda blah. Then Kevin suggested checking out the Harry Potter exhibition instead and off we went! Now, that felt like an afternoon off because we had something fun to do! :D

 

Much thought has gone into this exhibition; with the sorting of us 'first years' into different houses at the start of the exhibition (with a practised British accent), interactive stations where visitors can pull Mandrakes from the pots or try their hand at throwing a Quaffle. While walking through the exhibition, I was a little startled when I saw the Dementor and I think I scratched Kev in my moment of panic. =.= It looked creepy (and alive!!), with wind blowing up its torn robes. Costumes worn by the actors were also showcased and I didn't expect the causal clothes worn by the three main characters to look so.... shabby in real life. But the dress worn by Hermione at the Yule Ball was just... so pretty to be seen upclose. Artifacts and props such as wands, Marauder's Map and the Triwizard Cup were also featured in the exhibition. We did not take long to cover the exhibition, and I feel that they could have covered more (even though I don't know what else they could have included). I remember being blown away at the LOTR exhibition many many years back and I guess my experience for the Harry Potter did not meet my expectations but overall the exhibition was still decent. Of course we couldn't leave with souvenirs! We bought the picture we took before we checked out the exhibition, some Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Bott's flavour beans. :D


I had a horrible card though, of all possible wizard cards I picked out Professor Quirrell -.-

Aucun commentaire:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...