mardi, mai 27, 2014

Looking back at the wedding...

k2kwedding
Looking back at what I envisioned  for our big day and at the end result of endless nights of crafting, exchanging emails with vendors on what we are expecting, I think we pretty much nailed it :) *self-five*

To wrap up this whole wedding chapter of my life, here's the list of vendors we had worked with to make our wedding amazing:

Venue: Right from the start, we (ok fine, I)  know that we* didn't want a normal ballroom wedding. We wanted to do it outdoors, under the stars. As Kevin was doing his research, he came across quite a few possible locations and we proceeded to view them. We visited them and began striking them off due to a myriad of reasons, and in the end the winner for us was Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa Resort and Spa. I fell in love with the outdoor venue and the possibilities of what we can do with the space and the rest was history. Oh yes, we had a nice events person too so that also helped in sealing the deal.

Colour & Theme: We came up with a template of turquoise, fuchsia and orange to create the vibes of a playful and whimsical wedding event. Both our Holy Matrimony and dinner was held by the sea, there's no way to make it even funner than with the colours! :)

Bridal Gown: We decided on Digio Bridal for their lace gowns and their pre-wedding photography. For the actual day gown, could you believe I had picked it out only a couple of months prior? I had my eyes set on a different gown initially and it was a halter-neck lace gown. But during one of the fittings, this lady upon hearing that I'll be having a beach wedding, she whipped out a different dress and I fell in love with it on the spot. They had to take away the off-shoulder sleeves and create a sweetheart neckline for the gown. The end result? It wound up looking amazing.

Event Styling: When I started having a serious thought about the wedding, I knew I only wanted to worked with Wonderland for Detailed Planners. I had seen their work and I really like what I saw. Most importantly, they understood my vision and made it happen. While I had sourced for the props and all, I couldn't decorate the place myself. I can only leave it in the hands of people that I can trust to deliver the goods. We had several meetings with them and our events manager at Rasa Sentosa to work out the kinks, and they even very kindly allowed us a space at their warehouse to work on assembling our pinwheels when we delivered our props. They are genuinely the most helpful and friendly people and I'm glad we went ahead with them.

Wedding Stationery: I undertook this portion as I'm such a stickler for  customisation. I dread run-of-the-mill stuff and I  really wanted our wedding to be highly personalised. I took ages for this because every now and then, I spot something that can be improved and I just had to get it done. I did up the design of the Holy Matrimony programme booklets (with some fun activity pages for kids and even adults), invitation cards, balloons, tags for our teabag wedding favours, "I Spy" game cards, and guest cards for our time capsule. *phew* That was a long list of things to do on top of an all-consuming day job. If you would like me to design wedding stationery for you, just holler! ;)

Wedding Cake: Most people would opt for a dummy cake since it's just a cake-cutting ceremony but we decided to have a real cake so we can add more items to the range of desserts available! It's done by Confecti, and I'm really proud of what she had accomplished after much experimentation with achieving the intensity of the colours. We had chosen to have flavours like lychee rose (with ombre effect, wished someone took a picture!) and earl grey with lavender frosting. :) I only had a bite of the cake in a hurry and it was goood.

Guestbook: With us, we went for a time capsule instead. I had prepared cards with headers such as "A Doodle Just For You Two", "A Note of Love", "A Piece of Advice" and "This Time Next Year..." to help guests in crafting their messages to us. It's just something fun so if there's any doodle artists or punters (heh) in the crowd, there's something right up their alley for them to do. The notes are then dropped into a mason jar which we'll only open it up to read it on 12 October 2014 and I honestly can't wait to read them!

LOVE Balloons: I decided to throw in some helium alphabet balloons from Inflate a couple of weeks before the wedding and it was a nice touch. I had also arranged for our balloon invites to be inflated so they would act as signposts to the wedding venue. The kids loved it so much that they brought the balloons home at the end of the night!

Photo booth: There's no better way to make this wedding a memorable one than giving guests a memory captured in time that they can bring home! When I was looking through the available vendors out there, there was no doubt that I wanted Hello Forever. I love their style, variety and they didn't disappoint. They have a person who's ace at getting the guests to strike poses and I can tell from viewing the photo gallery that people really had fun that night!

Wedding Photography: What can I say, I'm just glad we made the decision to engage another photographer on top of the one our bridal studio had supplied because this has got to be the best money spent for the wedding. I had chanced upon Androids in Boots and I like their photography style a lot. Wilson, was kinda like a ninja, snapping those beautiful moments that we would have missed throughout the evening. He even stayed on a little while past his time so that Kevin and I can get some alone shots together. He also went the extra mile when we collected our photos, with a photo slideshow and some print-outs of our wedding photos. Just so impressed :)

So that's it for my list of wedding vendors, I hope it helps you in some way! ;)

Aucun commentaire:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...