jeudi, mai 08, 2014

#Hashtagging your wedding and going unplugged

This has been such a long break since our wedding in October 2013 but just indulge me a little for the next few entries. ;) When we planned our wedding, I wanted to record our journey/progress and what better way than to create a hashtag to do just that on Instagram!

We were a little stuck on the name of the hashtag and had invited friends to crack their heads on this one. I find that it's also a good way to let your friends help out in a seemingly small but equally important way. :) So voila, #k2kweds was born!

On our wedding day, we invited everyone to contribute their pictures by putting up a "I Spy" game sign at each table. I think this was a good way to get people started on taking pictures, be it the decor, food, people et al. I'm pretty impressed at what our friends did collectively and we had a great compilation of photos that documented what we were 'missing out' in the midst of our busyness all in one place - Instagram. I feel that hashtagging is really awesome because you get to see what had taken place on the wedding day long before you receive the photos from the wedding photographer (usually 3 months later).

As much we wanted everyone to take pictures, make memories and see how our special day unfold from their perspectives, we asked for our Holy Matrimony to be unplugged. What's 'unplugged', you ask? Basically, you're asking the guests to temporarily put down their cameras, video cameras and phones for the ceremony.

I really, really appreciate guests contributing their photos but the Holy Matrimony is one segment I rather not have compromised in any way as this is a key moment for me. I want our invited guests to experience the day being truly present in the moment with us and enjoy the ceremony by not spending the every moment living it through the viewfinder. We had engaged a wedding photographer to do just that already and, in my humble opinion, less raised up devices in the pictures make for a beautiful picture. Tell me if you don't agree ;)

AIB_1191

Aucun commentaire:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...